- Purpose of study
- Admission Requirements
- Characteristics and structure studies
- Application and registration
- Standard Reference
The purpose of these studies is to provide pedagogical and didactic training to people who, for reasons arising from their degree, can not access Master studies teacher training offered by universities.
This training is equivalent to that required for the practice of teaching in the faculty of secondary education.
From 1 September 2015 will be required to teach Vocational Education and Sports for teachersthat have the certificate of pedagogical and didactic training - Master equivalent. (Ordre ECD/1058/2013,, amending the Order EDU/2645/2011).
The IOC can offer the pedagogical and didactic training for the practice of teaching in the following disciplines:
- Teaching technical training (certain specialties) from the academic year 2013-14.
- Sports Education Instructor courses in upcoming.
This table includes only the qualifications set out in current legislation, namely the Royal Decree 276/2007, which includes qualifications LOE. You can view degrees depending on the expertise of teachers the website of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
Successful completion of all modules of study awards the Official Certificate Of Pedagogical And Didactic Training Equivalent issued by the Regional Department of Education of the Government of Catalonia.
Exemption From Pedagogical And Didactic Training
The Order ECD/1058/2013 determined to be exempt from this training individuals who can prove that, prior to September 1, 2014, have taught for two academic years and two complete cycles of Sports Education or continuous periods of 12 months or discontinuous, in public or private formal education are considered valid to the corresponding levels of education concerned.
To access the training equivalent to the pedagogical and didactic training, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Possess the qualification declared equivalent for the purposes of teaching and can not access the Master studies regulated by the Order ECI/3858/2007. (Read Note 1)
- Accreditation, Prerequisite to the mastery of a foreign language equivalent to level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. This requirement will not be required until 1 September 2015.
- Three. Accreditation at the time of registration, which provides health coverage and insurance to cover liability in the development of the practical study.
Note 1: Individuals who have a university degree, in addition to the qualification declared equivalent for the purposes of teaching, can not access this training because the training that leads to this Master is offered only by universities if they want to access this teaching faculty.
This training is equivalent to 60 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System). European credits are valued as the time spent by students in acquiring the skills of the education pathway and represent between 25 and 30 hours of learning.
The studies are organized in modules: generic and specific placement. Each module correspond to the following subjects:
|Generic||Learning and Personality Development (6 crèdits)||MG1 - Learning and Personality Development (6 credits)|
|Processes and Contexts in Education (5 credits)||MG2 - Processes and Contexts in Education (5 credits)|
|Family and Society (5 credits)||MG3 – Society, Family, and Education (5 credits)|
||Orientació professional (5 crèdits)||ME1 – Career Guidance (5 credits)|
|Learning and Teaching (12 credits)||ME2B1 - Education System And Vocational Training (6 credits)|
|ME2B2 - Curriculum Design And Pedagogical Practice (6 credits)|
|Teaching Innovation And Introduction To Educational Research (5 credits)||ME3 - Teaching Innovation And Introduction To Educational Research (5 credits)|
| Practical Learning
Practical Learning (22 credits)
MP1 – Classroom Practices - Phase 1
MP1 - Classroom Practices - Phase 2
MP1 – Classroom Practice – Phase 3
|MP2 – Final Study (8 credits)|
All modules and courses are taught through distance-study through the IOC Campus. The subjects of general and specific modules are studied while not physically present on campus. The final assessment tests and practices in the school involve attendance. Practices in the school are developed in three phases, representing a total of 350 hours, of which 280 are on-campus: 40 hours during Phase 1 (November and December), 100 hours in Phase 2 (January and February) and 140 hours in Phase 3 (March, April and May).
The organization of study is flexible so that it is possible to study them in one or two academic years.
Organization 1 Academic Year (2 Semesters)
|Module||1st Semester (29 credits)||2nd Semester (31 credits)|
|Generic||MG1 - Learning And Personality Development (6 credits)||MG3 - Society, Family, and Education (5 credits)|
|MG2 - Processes and Contexts in Education (5 credits)
||ME1 – Career Guidance (5 credits)||ME2B2 - Curriculum Design And Pedagogical Practice (6 credits)|
|ME2B1 - Education System And Vocational Training (6 credits)||ME3 - Teaching Innovation And Introduction To Educational Research (5 credits)|
| Practical Learning
MP1 - Classroom Practice – Phase 1
MP1 - Classroom Practice – Phase 2
MP1 - Classroom Practice – Phase 3
|MP2 – Final Studies (8 credits)|
Organization 2 Academic Years (4 Semesters)
|1st Semester (17 credits)||2nd Semester (16 credits)|
|Generic||MG1 - Learning And Personality Development (6 credits)||MG3 - Society, Family, and Education ( (5 credits)|
|MG2 - Processes and Contexts in Education (5 credits)|
|Specific||ME2B1 - Education System And Vocational Training (6 credits)||ME2B2 -Curriculum Design And Pedagogical Practice (6 credits)|
|ME3 - Teaching Innovation And Introduction To Educational Research (5 credits)|
|1st Semester (12 credits)||2nd Semester (15 credits)|
|Specific||ME1 – Career Guidance (5 credits)|
MP1 - Classroom Practice – Phase 1
MP1 - Classroom Practice – Phase 2
|MP1 - Classroom Practice – Phase 3
independent practical phase
|MP2 – Final Studies (8 credits)|
Information about the contents of the modules for Vocational Training.
The documents required to complete the application for registration is:
- Application for registration obtained in virtual secretary after completing the personal, academic and professional data.
- valid document of identity (DNI, NIE or passport) (photocopy, need not be certified).
- Affidavit stating the impossibility to access the Master studies for reasons arising from the program. This paper also obtains the virtual secretary once we entered the data requested.
- Qualification declared equivalent for the purposes of teaching (certified copy).
- Certificate of final average grade of the studies declared equivalent for the purposes of teaching. The rating should be numerically on a scale of 5 to 10 with two decimal places. If that is not submitted, there will be a 5. (original or certified copy is compulsory).
- Proof of Healthcare coverage (Individual Healthcare System Card), (photocopy is compulsory).
- Civil Liability Protection (photocopy), if applicable. In case you do not have insurance, a policy may be requested through the IOC at the time of the application for registration.
- Documentation proving the B1 level or higher foreign language (photocopy obligatory). This requirement is not mandatory until September 1, 2015.
Furthermore, according to the situation of each person:
- Proof of service time provided in schools supported by public funds or order number in the lists of temporary candidates for the different professional families, in the field of management of the Government of Catalonia (photocopy). If this documentation is not provided the IOC may authorize make query the faculty registry database of the Regional Department of Education.
- Documentation proving the right to exemption from payment of bonus or registration (photocopy)
Presentation of the Documentation
No later than the last day of the period for requesting required registration documents must be delivered (in person or by certified mail) to the IOC headquarters in Barcelona.
All documentation required for registration must be provided in two ways:
- Scanned in the corresponding section of the virtual secretary.
- In paper, at the IOC headquarters in Barcelona. May be submitted in person or by certified mail.
It is important to take into consideration:
- The IOC is not an administrative register, so the documentation can not be submitted to any branch of the public administration. Submitting documentation to any public administrative agency registry is the only possible organization which allocates documentation is also an administrative registry.
- All documents except proof of identity must be authenticated or certified photocopies. If you have questions on how to obtain certified or authenticated copies of a document refer to information on the certification and authentication of photocopies. The scanned documents will not be valid until the have been photocopies have been filed.
Registration Fee: 20.00 euros per credit per year.
Therefore, if the training is done in one year the total price is 1,200 euros and if the training is two years, the price is 660 euros (1st year) and EUR 540.00 (2nd year).
Payment of tuition is required before beginning the service. Repetition of a course requires having to pay the price corresponding registration fee.
The regulations governing this public money is Order ENS/164/2013 of 3 July, which created the fees for registration to the pedagogical and didactic training, that are offered by centers of the Regional Department of Education.
Discounts and Exemptions
Are entitled to a 50% discount on the registration fee persons belonging to general category of a large family or a single parent. Proof of the situation must presented in the form of Certification of Large Family or Certification of Single Parent Family.
The following individuals are exempt from payment of the fee :
- Those who have a minimum degree of disability of 33% . To prove this, one must present a Certified Disability Card or the Certificate of Disability.
- Those who are members of families classified as . To prove this we must present an original, certified copy or photocopy of the validtlarge family card or certificate.
- Those who are victims of terrorist acts, as well as their spouse and their children. To prove this, one must present a certificate or resolution of the competent authority.
These price reductions and exemptions apply only to the public presentation of the documents listed in force, therefore, there are not applied any discounts or exemptions that are not justified by any of these documents.
You can direct your inquiries to the following email addresses:
- 1) Director of pedagogical and didactic training
- Inqueries related to academic aspects and organizational studies: email@example.com
- 2) Academic management for the pedagogical and didactic training course
- Inqueries related registration, and academic administrative processes : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resolució ENS/1850/2014, de 30 de juliol, de modificació del procediment de preinscripció i matrícula.
- Resolució ENS/1068/2013, for determining the educational institutions that can provide training equivalent to the pedagogical and didactic training required by those who, being in possession of an qualification declared equivalent for the purposes of teaching, can not perform the masters
- Resolució ENS/1831/2013,of application and registration procedure in public schools for the training equivalent for the required pedagogical and didactic training to people who can not make the masters and have a qualification declared equivalent for the purposes of teaching for the calendar year 2013 - 2014
- Ordre ENS/164/2013, for which the fees are created for registration to training equivalent to the pedagogical and didactic training performed by schools governed by the Regional Department of Education
- Ordre EDU/2645/2011. Establishing training equivalent to the pedagogical and didactic training required for those who still hold a qualification declared equivalent for the purposes of teaching, but can not realize the masters
- Ordre ECD/1058/2013,, amended byOrder EDU/2645/2011.
- Llei Orgànica d'Educació 2/2006. States that in order to teach the different curricula, individuals must be in possession of relevant academic qualifications and have the pedagogical and didactic training appropriate to each curriculum
- Reial Decret 1834/2008. Define training conditions for the exercise of teaching in secondary education, baccalaureate, vocational education and special regime established specializations and teaching staff of secondary education.